Jan 27 , 2019
Tips on Getting Accurate Blood Pressure Report
- Don't measure your BP right after waking up or after doing strenuous activities such as exercise. Do measure you BP before eating, taking medicine and exercising.
- Avoid food, caffeine, tobacco and alcohol intake for 30 minutes before taking a measurement.
- Make sure your arm is positioned properly. Always use the same arm when taking your blood pressure. Rest your arm, raised to the level of your heart, on a table, desk or arm chair.
- When you are ready to take your blood pressure, sit for 5 minutes in a comfortable relaxed position. Don't cross your legs and ankles and lean on the back rest. Be calm and do not talk while you are taking your blood pressure reading.
- Take a repeat reading. Wait for one to three minutes after the first reading, and then take another to check accuracy.